Tue, 04 Feb|
ANSTO - Australia's Nuclear Science and
ANSTO Science Discovery Tour
An in-depth look into the world of nuclear science and the work ANSTO does. Subject to availability, we will visit Australia's only nuclear reactor OPAL, the Australian Centre for Neutron Scattering, the ANSTO Nuclear Medicine facility and the Centre for Accelerator Science. Lunch on site
Time & Location
04 Feb 2020, 9:45 am – 2:00 pm
ANSTO - Australia's Nuclear Science and , New Illawarra Rd, Lucas Heights NSW 2234, Australia
About the Event
PLEASE ENSURE YOU READ THIS IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR YOUR ADMISSION TO THE TOUR
Visitors with: a cardiac pacemaker or implantable defibrillator, a catheter that has metal components, a metal clip placed to prevent bleeding from an intracranial aneurysm, a medication pump (such as that used to deliver insulin or a pain-relieving drug) and/or a cochlear (inner ear) implant must notify ANSTO on the day.
- Visitors over 18 must provide their full name, date of birth and residential address and bring official photo id with them on the day.
- There may be a small amount of walking but ANSTO can accommodate wheelchairs but must be notified in advance of mobility issues.
- As ANSTO is an industrial site and for safety reasons, all visitors need to wear appropriate, fully enclosed footwear. NO Sandals, thongs or high heels.
- NO Photography onsite. Photographic devices such as cameras or mobile phones with cameras and other recording devices must be stored in the lockers provided.
- NO Bags or cases onsite. If you need to take snacks, drinks, medical or baby supplies with you, you can carry them in a clear plastic bag.
- NO weapons, firearms, explosives, alcohol, animals or containers with volatile liquids are allowed onsite.
Transport Details: Please arrive at 9:45 and report to Reception. Own transport to the venue. Car-pools may be arranged. ANSTO supplied bus onsite at the venue.
Your host - TBA