Sun, 27 Sept|
H V Evatt Memorial Park
Spring Flowers Walk - Photographers and Nature Lovers
We will take a walk through some of our beautiful Lugarno bushland. We have made a slight change to the walking route which is a bit more colourful.
Time & Location
27 Sept 2020, 9:30 am – 11:30 am
H V Evatt Memorial Park, 1116 Forest Rd, Lugarno NSW 2210, Australia
About the Event
The walk will start at Webb’s Dam car park at 9.30 am and proceed along well walked paths to Murdock Cres then return along the waterfront. The lower waterfront track will lead us back to Evatt Park. It is a bit uneven in parts.
Of particular interest will be the beautiful Georges River vistas available from the lower track.
Total distance about 3-4 km
Some of the highlights of this walk are:
· A magnificent display of Lugarno bush land in full bloom
· Plenty of time to get some amazing photos
· Try your hand at identifying the many wild flowers and trees
· A trip down memory lane to the Henley pleasure grounds –now Murdock reserve
· Lots of birdlife and rock outcrops
· A chance to meet other residents who love our suburb
The walk will take about 2-3 hours and cover 3-4 km.
The track is narrow and rocky in parts but only an average fitness is required.
What to bring
Water, hats, sturdy shoes, camera, and insect repellent.
Meet at the Evatt Park dam at 9.30
Contact : Keith Millar 0409460901